The hybrid (part detailed, part outline) application, consists of the following parts:
- An outline application for the masterplan, which defines a number of elements such as:
- the maximum number of homes permitted on the site as 750
- the mix of homes to be provided on the site, including 2,3,4 and 5+ bedroom homes (It does not fix the Architectural design of each individual building).
- the location of green open space (over 14 hectares)
- the position of roads and footpaths throughout the site
- the location of each of the five character areas, and building extent, heights and densities permitted in these areas
- the location and extents of the community heart which can provide up to 1,000sq m of space for a shop and/or community facilities.
- designs for the public realm and landscape.
- A detailed application for Phase 1, which includes proposals for the green edge along Weymouth Road, the drainage basins and landscaping works and the vehicular access points into the site.
We would recommend reading the Design and Access Statement which provides a comprehensive look at the development of the masterplan with illustrative visuals of the whole scheme . All documents submitted as part of the application are available to view once you click on the ‘view associated documents’ tab here.
The Statement of Community Involvement, is also available to view on the council’s website here and includes a breakdown of responses from the questionnaires handed out at each of the exhibitions.
The application is now open to public consultation through the planning process and you can comment online at the following link: