At the meeting arranged by the local Ward Cllrs last week we promised to confirm when and where traffic surveys were undertaken.
Fully classified turning counts were undertaken on 12th May 2015 at the following junctions for the Chapelgarth Transport Assessment. These were agreed with Sunderland City Council and the Highways Agency and were undertaken between the hours of 7 and 10am and 3 and 7pm.
• A19 / A691, roundabout;
• Doxford Park Way North / Moorside Road, roundabout;
• Doxford Park Way West / Hall Farm, roundabout;
• Moorside Road East / Weymouth Road, roundabout;
• Weymouth Road / Englemann Way, roundabout;
• Weymouth Road / Portland College, roundabout; and
• Weymouth Road / Hall Farm Road North, roundabout.
Following the public consultation, and as a result of concerns raised regarding Weymouth Road, we placed an Automatic Traffic Counter on Weymouth Road between its junctions with Portland College and Hall Farm Road, between 2nd November 2015 and 08th November 2015.
Following the meeting we are reviewing the Aldi Supermarket planning permission and what impact that may have on these surveys.
We will be in touch early in the New Year to confirm the date, time and venue of the next exhibition and we will be working again with The Box Youth Project to deliver the leaflets on our behalf.
May we take this opportunity to wish you a very Happy Christmas and we look forward to seeing you again in the New Year.